Code of Conduct for Parents
Parents are expected to:
- Complete and return the health care section of the membership form as requested by the club. If there are any specific health needs for your child please notify the coaches and/or welfare officer (WO) where this will be treated in confidence. Any changes in the condition of your child’s health should be reported to the coach prior to coaching sessions and ensure the club has up to date contact details for you and any alternative person.
- Deliver and collect your child punctually to and from coaching sessions/swim meets. Please inform coaching staff if there is an unavoidable problem. If the club changes your child’s lane and changing times, please remember the change is to provide appropriate levels of training and enable your child to progress and should be facilitated and encouraged at all times.
- Ensure your child is properly and adequately attired for the training session/events including all required equipment, i.e. hats, goggles etc.
- Inform the coach/WO before a session if your child is to be collected early from a coaching session/meet and if so by whom.
- Encourage your child to obey rules and teach them that they can only do their best.
- Behave responsibly as a spectator at training/meets and treat swimmers, coaches, committee members and parents of yours and other clubs with due respect meeting the ASA commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure they do not use inappropriate language within the club environment.
- Show appreciation and support your child and all the team members.
- Support the club coach and committee appropriately and raise any concerns you have in an appropriate manner. Details of the club contacts and Welfare Officer can be found on club website and noticeboard.
- Do not enter poolside unless requested to do so or in an emergency. If you wish to have a discussion with the coach please ensure that this is done before or after training.
- Most of all help your child enjoy the sport and achieve to the best of their ability.
The club will undertake to:
- Inform you at once if your child is ill and ensure their wellbeing until you are able to collect him/her.
- Ensure child protection guidelines are followed at all times to keep your child safe.
- Ensure all activities are properly supervised/taught/coached and consent is obtained for any activity outside of that previously agreed.
The parent has a right to:
- Make a complaint to the club if they feel the club or a member of the club is not acting appropriate to ASA/club laws and rules. Details of how to do this can be obtained from the club Welfare Officer.
- Make a complaint on behalf of their child to the ASA.
Any misdemeanours and breach of this code of conduct will be dealt with by the club committee utilising the same format and procedures explained in the swimmers code of conduct under the guidance of the ASA regulations.
Please complete the information below
Name of Parent 1 (Print) ____________________________________________________________
Name of Parent 2 (Print) ____________________________________________________________